The Effect of COVID-19 on Omexom UK & RoI ‘Business as Usual’
As everyone is aware, the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on businesses, individuals and families is unprecedented and no one can predict with any certainty how long it will last and how things will develop.
Therefore, we want to reassure all our customers that we have plans in place to continue to deliver our usual high standard of projects to all customers, regardless of the issue:
- All of our Business Units (Transmission, Substations, Power Solutions, Engineering and Ireland) have robust Business Continuity Plans, which are now being actioned.
- Wherever possible members of our team will be working from home and you will be able to get in touch with your usual contact on their normal telephone number, email
- and mobile.
- Rather than meeting face to face we will be conducting ‘virtual’ meetings via Microsoft Teams. Your Omexom UK & RoI contact simply has to send you an invitation to join the meeting. This also applies to internal meetings.
- All our IT systems are Cloud based and able to adapt to this new way of working.
- We have either cancelled or postponed all non-essential events and international travel until further notice.
- We’re reviewing the position of our site-based teams on a daily basis and will follow guidelines issued by our customers.
We are monitoring this fast-moving situation closely and will follow all UK & RoI Government guidelines to protect our people, business and help us overcome the challenge facing us all. In the meantime, we’re staying calm and will do everything we can to help you mitigate the risk that COVID-19 poses for your business.
Simon Innis – Managing Director of Omexom UK & RoI